Our First Annual Run for One 5k is only a few weeks away! We are excited to have runners from across the city of Atlanta come together with one goal in mind: to run for the girls who have been exploited. Here are some reasons you should join us.
1. Grant Park: Grant Park is one of the best parks in Atlanta! Home to the Zoo, the Cyclorama, and the Grant Park’s Farmer’s Market, this park is the perfect place to be on a Saturday morning.
2. Father’s Day: The Run for One 5K is the day before Father’s Day. Grab your Dad for a fun Saturday morning that will make a difference in the life of a girl who needs it!
3. Swag Bags: Our swag bags include coupons to some of the best businesses in Atlanta, including Highland Bakery, Tin Lizzy’s, and Fab’rik.
4. Star94: Star94 will be broadcasting live from the event, which will include your favorite music throughout the race!
5. Give-A-Ways: we’re got gift cards to places like P’cheen, Nirvana Yoga, and Fritti to give away. You could be the winner!
6. Sharing the Run for One story in Atlanta: The average age of a girl forced in to prostitution is 14. This injustice is happening in our city, and there are still those who don’t know about it. We are here to shed light on the issue.
7. $56: $56 will provide the therapy and education for one recovering girl in the Wellspring Living program. Every penny raised from this race goes to restore the lives of girls in need.
8. Going the extra mile: You can join runners and advocates across the city in fundraising for Wellspring Living’s restorative programs.
$100 provides a welcome basket for one girl entering the Wellspring Living for Girls home.
$200 provides crucial initial health and risk assessment for one new girl entering the Wellspring Living for Girls home.
$750 provides art therapy supplies to encourage expression and assist trauma recovery time in the Wellspring Living for Girls residential home.
$1,500 provides one month of education and therapy for one girl in the Wellspring Living for Girls program.
Register to run TODAY and create your fundraising page!