It has been almost 4 months since we opened our newest program, the Empowered Living Program (ELP) for young women ages 17-22. Since then we’ve painted rooms, hired new therapists, and welcomed our very first group of girls! A group of young women are beginning new futures under the guidance and support of Wellspring Living staff.
Since our grand opening, it’s been a little bit of a process to get the young women in and settled. Now that our first group has made the ELP their home, we wanted to share some of the things they will be a part of during their time with us:
- What is provided through the Empowered Living Program?
◦ The Empowered Living Program provides residential, therapeutic and educational/career guidance services for young women (ages 17-22) who have been identified as CSEC victims.
◦ Girls in the Empowered Living Program are encouraged to seek support in the local community, secure healthy jobs, obtain their GED if needed, and/or start their college or technical school education.
◦ Fosters holistic change in women to become self-sustained and empowered through Christ-centered community, education and therapy from Wellspring Living.
◦ The Empowered Living Program is the first of its kind to offer specific services for survivors who need stepping out support for the completion of school and career development in an apartment setting.
◦ This support moves girls into a stable setting to develop a great foundation for her future.
Hope this update was helpful!