This is a mid-month reminder to sign up for this year’s annual 5K! Every year, Wellspring Living puts on a 5K in September to raise funds for our girl’s and women’s home. Organizations, businesses and community members lace up their running shoes to pound pavement in efforts to end modern-day slavery. Here are the event details:
STOP Injustice 5K
Saturday, September 17th
Starting at 8 a.m.
The Bridge Community Center
225 Willowbend Road
Peachtree City, GA
Registration Fee: $30.00
REGISTER HERE: http://www.wellspringliving.org/events.php?id=15
There are a couple of different ways you can get involved:
1. CREATE A TEAM: Ok guys, this can be fun! Gather up some of your favorite people, call your super-athletic gym buddies, tweet people who have a heart for human trafficking victims, call people who are looking to loose a few pounds and SIGN THEM UP! Get a team of 12 or more to register under a team name and we will print it on our race shirts! Registration for teams ends on August 26th. (You can still register as an individual until the morning of September 17th)
2. RUN SOLO: Don’t know enough runners? Sign up to run by yourself and get your best buds to come and cheer you on. It’s a great morning work out, and couldn’t be for a better cause!
3. BE A CHEERLEADER: The Wellspring League, a group of young professionals advocating for victims of trafficking in Atlanta, are making posters and staging themselves around the race route to cheer on the runners. But they NEED YOUR HELP! There are not enough cheerleaders to outfit the course! Email Dana at email@example.com to sign up.
4. SPONSOR THE RACE: Are you a business or organization looking for a good cause to support? We are still looking for financial donors to sponsor this race. We have four different levels of sponsorship ranging from $10,000 to $500. Your business will receive recognition on the race shirts, an ad in Wellspring’s newspaper and an opportunity to place product in the race bags. Contact Jessica for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. BE A PHANTOM RUNNER: Does the thought of running bright and early in the morning not appeal to you, yet you still want to support Wellspring Living? Sign up online to be a phantom runner! You don’t have to run, or even come to the event, but your registration fee still directly supports Wellspring Living. It’s a win/win!
6. EAT AT grace 17.20 EVERY MONDAY IN AUGUST: This Norcross restaurant is donating 10% of their Monday profits to the race for the entire month of August! So eat and be merry! http://www.grace1720.com/dailyspecials.html
Help us spread the word!